Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Good for your Face

I am always on the look out for stuff that make you look good - bonus if it is good for you and the earth, too. I've been wanting to learn more about make-up but I get completely overwhelmed whenever I go to any make-up place be it a department store, Ricky's, Sephora, etc. I definitely need to sit in a bookstore and read up - especially on make-up for Asians. Do we really need 4 different eye shadow colors? Seriously?

I did enjoy doing a bit of make-up shopping at Whole Foods. It's a smaller selection and the majority of products claims to have some goodness involved with it. Vegan! No animal testing! No parabens! No alcohol, sulfates, lead, mercury ("thimerosal"), formaldehyde! I picked up the super moisturizing gloss to your left and eye shadow in a stick. Honestly, the stick is a bit hard to use because I don't have a lot of eyelid to put it on so I need to find a better method but I do like both products. I also need to read the ingredients of my other stuff and throw out old and/ or toxic products. Update: the Ready to Wear Lash Extensions is AWESOME!!!! My lashes are longer and thicker without having to glue my eyes together trying to get false lashes on.

Can Beauty be Dangerous article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/24/AR2008012402135.html

No comments:

Post a Comment