Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Krugman Wins Economics Nobel

If there were baseball cards for economists, I would treasure my Paul Krugman card. I've been reading his columns in the New York Times for years and I love how he is able to demystify everything and prescribe clear and logical solutions that do the most good. I squealed on the bus when I heard in my NYTimes podcast that he had won Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Science. Look at him, he's so happy. I sent him a congratulatory email. Yes, I'm an economics groupie.

The card that I would get rid of first? Jeffrey Sachs. The man makes me furious. For a quick, easy and great way to learn about economics, borrow the Commanding Heights DVD series. I made Doris watch it with me for a few weekends during business school and we really enjoyed it, learned a lot and can sound really smart. Note: the narrator will say "Commanding Heights" at least 8 million times.

http://www.amazon.com/Commanding-Heights-Battle-World-Economy/dp/B00006HAZF

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/14/business/economy/14econ.html?_r=1&scp=2&sq=krugman%20nobel&st=cse&oref=slogin

No comments:

Post a Comment