Thursday, October 30, 2008

Travel Karma

After dealing with loud crazy children hopped up on candy on their way or coming back from Disney, loud twenty year olds and people farting non-stop on both legs of my Orlando trip, the travel gods finally were convinced that they have tortured their Job enough.

I got to Penn Station with enough time to get some trashy magazines (e.g., US Weekly and Life & Style), a turkey sandwich (hold the cheese), and a seat on the quiet car. My strategy (see Amtrak) finally worked. I had a reading girl sitting behind me, a reading woman to my side and cranky ladies who shushed people. It was a peaceful, quiet and relaxing ride to New Carrollton. And, there were less fumes in the quiet car - I think really only one incident of fumes!

Unfortunately, M and I missed each other at the station and for some reason, she didn't have reception and I kind of freaked out because there was some drama going on, this lady was crying and there was a police officer and I was worried M had gotten in a car accident or something. But, we found each other and she brought me home and gave me some of her homemade chicken shitake mushroom ginger congee. She is too good to me.

Bag by Dogeared (www.dogeared.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment