Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Soccarat w/ E & C

I once had a dream of a tiny place with lots of white cabinets. I remember thinking to myself, what are all the cabinets for? Turns out I dreamed of Soccarat.

I love paella and Soccarat is named after the crispy rice that you find along the pan. It was a cute place with a long communal table made of an old mirror. Across from the white cabinets was an exposed brick wall with paintings and antique mirrors. The staff was cheerful, helpful and really terrific. I had a glass of albarino, and we ordered lots of tapas (tortilla, tomato bread, fried artichokes, gambas al ajillo) and the paella carne.

As you know, things haven't been tasting incredible for me lately. The food was executed perfectly and was good. The fried artichokes reminded me of my trip to Rome with Doris. The tomato bread was my favorite. I guess I'm a simple girl. I just like the crispy bread and the bright flavor of tomatoes.

E & C are so fabulous. I love having a peek into their lives and between the 3 of us, we answered so many questions that were swirling around in our minds. Not to be cliche but it was a quintessential Wellesley, sex in the city, we are here for each other, we will figure it all out moment. E, thanks for letting me know it's okay to miss reunion next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment