Monday, October 6, 2008

The Red Cat & Sternies

Just look at my bevy of blondes (I just googled that and it is the name of an adult video)! And yes, I used the blackberry to take the photo and that is why it is so crappy. I need to start carrying my digital camera again... MT, maybe you could give me some pointers.

I arrived at the restaurant an hour early. I am an early person but I astounded myself. See, my dinners are normally at 7 and I realized that tonight's dinner was at 8:30 while I was on the subway heading down. So, I sat at the bar and since I had to go at 9, I decided to have dinner.

The Red Cat is hoppin' on a Monday night! The bartenders were really great and although the duck breast in red wine reduction special was oh so tempting, I went with the healthy salmon in lime/ ginger sauce, scallion rice, sauteed vegetable. D: where's the picture? Well, I didn't think it was going to be good because I really don't like entrees (I'm a soup, appetizer, salad person) but it ended up being quite yummy. The sauce was super - rich and creamy (made with egg, not dairy) and the rice and veggies were light and flavorful. The salmon was salmon. The bartender paired it really nicely with a Quincy. I was very intrigued by M & D's bass with shitake, parsley and grapefruit which they said was very good.

I ended up staying past 9 because, I missed them! I hadn't seen 2 of them since graduation and there was so much to catch up on. They are all utterly amazing, so smart, and really good people. D, I'm looking forward to our next dinner. M, have a blast on your trip to Egypt! Say hi to the Sphinx for me! S, have fun at your significant others dinner!

www.redcatrestaurants.com

No comments:

Post a Comment