Monday, September 1, 2008

Annualcreditreport.com (every 4 months)

I used to say that on the fifth date with someone, I ask for their credit report. My Chinese Camp friends make fun of me and one has even refused to let me meet their significant others. I think having good credit is really important - for yourself and especially if you are about to get serious with someone. A good credit report will save you money and qualify you for the best interest rates. Say you marry someone with bad credit, you could get turned down for loans etc. if you apply with your spouse.

You can get a free credit report by each of the three providers (Experian, Equifax, TransUnion) once a year - which means you can check your credit for free every 4 months. Okay, yes, you have to pay to see your credit score. I grudgingly paid today (you can get subscribe monthly but to me it's cheaper to fork over the $8x3) and have a "very good" score! I'm shooting for "great." Put checking your credit on your calendar, read it, clean up any messes and you are well on your way to great interest rates and a high datability score from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment