Wednesday, September 24, 2008

*Deborah & C

Photo with David Oh, the General Manager of Deborah Life Love Food.

It was awesome to have dinner with C. I saw her walking down the street in a very beautiful suit - turns out to be Theory. J'adore Theory. The cut is so sleek, professional and really flattering. Their pants make your butt look so good. And the fabric is structured with some stretch that gives you a smooth silhouette and is really comfortable. I like the Max C pants and buy them from eBay. Very nice suit, C.

C is someone who expands your horizons. She and B went to the Rubin museum and said it was gorgeous. I'm dying to go. She is really smart, crazy hard working, an unbelievable problem solver and just so positive. She makes you feel like anything can be done and when she puts her mind on something, magic happens. JPMorgan has sent her to Hong Kong and she might be sent to Brazil. She and her fiancee, B, gutted and renovated their co-op and it is gorgeous. They approached their wedding with the same thoughtfulness and innovation and I can't wait to celebrate it with them.

This was my second meal at Deborah and I was so excited to see David Oh there. He was so nice and it's easy to see where team gets their cheerful helpfulness. Again, the Grilled Thai Tiger Shrimp and Avocado Salad was delicious. The shrimp was perfectly cook and lightly flavored, the watercress salad married beautifully with the sesame oil and scallions. It's my favorite dish there. We also shared the Mahi Mahi tacos and the Duck. The menu said BBQ glazed duck but to me, it was a lovely braised duck in a sweet Chinese 5 spice sauce (which paired nicely with my beer - I'm so into beer now!). It's too bad I'm lactose because I would've liked to have tried the pairing of the duck and sweet mashed potato. C really liked it and brought an order back for B. Oh l'amour.

http://www.deborahlifelovefood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment