Thursday, September 4, 2008

*Otto w/ L

I had not seen my Wellesley big sister in a really long time. Oh, I've missed her! I distinctly remember walking with her down the stairs at Davis Hall and her telling me that she parties hard in the Fall but makes it up in the Spring with straight A's. She plays hard and works harder. I've always been amazed at what she's accomplished - just got her law degree while working full-time! She gave me awesome advice on a whole bunch of things that I was worried about and we had a great chat on politics on the bus that we need to continue. She's got the sweetest hubbie who adores her and is an amazing entrepreneur, restaurateur and interior decorator. Their Akai Lounge in Englewood, NJ is super yummy and they are opening a sister restaurant in the UWS (www.akailounge.com). I cannot wait to go snowboarding with them!

As you know, L is quite a foodie as well (see Sugiyama). She suggested Otto, Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich's Italian train station pizzeria. Cursed lactose intolerance! Despite my allergy, I think we made out pretty well. We ordered 2 blood orange bellinis and the meat plate - melt in your mouth delectable prosciutto! The arugula salad was simple and divine in its simplicity. I also really liked the shrimp and chickpeas and funghi misti. The spaghetti alla carbonara was perfectly al dente and rich. She had the Olive Oil Coppetta made with olive oil gelato! She said it was really good and creamy. I had the trio of sorbet: refreshing lemon basil and summer-is-not-over-yet nectarine and cantaloupe. While it was loud (just like a train station!) and our server forgot about us, the other servers were great and it was a terrific meal. Thank you, L!

www.ottopizzeria.com

1 comment:

  1. I've missed you sweets! Can't wait for more of our foodie outings! Love, -L

    ReplyDelete