Friday, September 26, 2008

*Hill Country & Camp Girls (& Boy)

Transportive.

I hadn't seen the Chinese Camp crew since August. It's been too long and I missed them. There's really something amazing about being with people who've known you since you were 13. Plus, they are really great. M got L a Wii and Rock Band for her birthday and early Christmas. L is like, "You mean you got US the Wii and Rock Band, right?" Hilarious. I'm so glad they liked it. It is awesome to rock out with them. J did another amazing job of picking an awesome place to eat.

I like BBQ and the more I read and heard about Hill Country, the more excited I got. There was live country music playing and I got a Lone Star beer at the bar. Hill Country takes you out of Manhattan and into a Texas country fair. It had great decor, you got this meal card and took it to the meat, sides, dessert and drink stations. I was told to go for the fatty brisket, not the lean, so I got that and BBQ chicken (dark meat). I had some of the beef shoulder that L got. As for sides, I played it safe and got a cucumber salad but ended up eating L's entire Hot German Potato dish. It was tangy and had bacon in it. SO GOOD! The chicken and the German Potato were by far my favorite things. I wrapped up the beef and got skillet corn bread, chili, sweet mashed potato, M's Texas Black Eyed Caviar, a big container of German Potato and mini pecan pie for M to eat when she got to my place tonight.
There were even cute dogs waiting for us outside. It was a perfect evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment