Monday, September 8, 2008

Sweater Jackets/ Cardigans

I'm wearing my new navy Jamie Jacket today with a red skirt and LOVE it.

I hate suits and button down shirts. 1, I don't iron. 2, I hate going to the dry cleaner because they are never open before I leave work or after I come back, it is expensive, and bad for them and the environment. Don't get me wrong, I do dry clean stuff that has to be cleaned but in a giant bag maybe 4 times a year. 3, I'm not comfortable. I feel like suit jackets and button down shirts are really stiff and I'm always cold in them. I also don't think I look good in them. I'm always re-tucking my shirt in my skirt (sometimes I tuck them into my undergarments or stockings!). For people that do look good in button down shirts, I'd recommend Brooks Brothers non-iron shirts (don't forget to use the corporate member discount). Phenomenal AND machine washable.
So, I wear knits. I like bright, fun cardigans or sweater jackets. They are comfy, keep me warm, feel soft and cozy, sleek, are mostly machine washable and look professional.

On a side note, I will be using one of my button down shirts for a routine this week in class. Aw, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment