Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Permanent Eyeliner

I can now officially say, "I got my eyes done."

So back in my entry "Lazy and Vain", I pondered permanent make-up. I'm terrible at putting on eyeliner - it is such a chore and takes so much time. I really liked the idea of just waking up and having the eyeliner on and all I have to do is the concealer, powder, mascara, brow, and cheeks. I'm also a bit addicted to tattoos.

After a busy day at work, I headed to Dr. Dormer's MediSpa which is interestingly close to Dr. Day's office. Guess those Upper East Side people need a lot of work! I met Christine (who's a make-up artist, been doing this for 20 years and teaches permanent make-up) who went over all the details and we got started. She numbed my eyes (which is a luxury in tattoo world but normal for permanent make-up) and did a nice, natural line along my upper lash line with dark brown (I only did upper). I really liked the dark brown because it won't fade into blue like the black ink might and it's not as harsh as black. Since I've had quite a few tattoos, I knew my skin would take it well and I wouldn't be so freaked out about the buzzing. We chatted and then she was done. We scheduled my touch-up (price included with the initial!) for a month later.

I'm a bit swollen so I'll take a picture for you later. I'm not in any pain and it should be totally healed in about 2 weeks.

www.daretobebeautiful.com

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I can't wait to see how it looks! Sounds like such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete