Wednesday, September 10, 2008

DC: Strike 10

I hold tons of events in the NYC metro area and have never had to put money down or sign a contract. My women's event next week has over 550 RSVPs and Gotham City Restaurant Group have been a pleasure to work with.

Now, I try to have a space reserved for 10 people for drinks in DC and they want me to sign a guarantee for $1500. Seriously? I can't reserve a space in the area I want on OpenTable for more than 8 people. It kind of feels like communist China where people aren't allowed to congregate in large groups. Well, we are going renegade and just going and staking out a spot.

[What are the other 9 strikes? The Bethesda Bloomingdale's didn't carry my Botkier bag. Traffic? Sprawl? I haven't given it much thought...I figured there are a bunch of strikes before it and this certainly counts for a few. On the other hand, I have been enjoying the food and greenery.]

1 comment: