Thursday, September 25, 2008

System: Precipitation


"It's not that the weather is bad, it's that you are unprepared." - from outdoor gear catalog

I listen to the news every morning as I'm getting ready and if it says rain...
- contacts
- black

- skirt/ dress
- La Canadienne boots
- trench coat
- umbrella

I wear contacts because I can't stand rain and smudges on my glasses. Black hides wet spots better than light colored clothes. You can see wet spots on khakis or a light shirt (e.g, my high school English teacher would sweat through all of his shirts by 10 AM). I've been totally drenched by rain in a black dress and looked totally fine.

I know not everyone wears skirts but for those who do, skirts are great in inclement weather because pants get wet, especially the bottom cuffs and stick to your ankles. I like to wear a black skirt/ dress, fancy tights and the black boots. The boots are waterproof and insulated - keeping your feet and legs dry and warm. If the boots are too annoying at work, I change them out with shoes I keep at the office.

Get a great water proof or water resistant classic trench coat that looks chic and keeps you dry. I have a beige one from Zara. And of course, a good umbrella. I keep a compact one in my bag in a plastic bag at all times.

Stay dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment