Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Doubling Down

My allergies are really bad. The mucus rave has been going on for over 2 weeks. "Hey, keep it down in there!" I can't breathe, I'm coughing and generally feeling like crap.

While there could be a proliferation of mites and roach poo, August to October is ragweed season. Mid-September is the worst. Further, this season has been the worst in a long time due to global warming. "Global climate change is believed to be making ragweed season worse for allergy sufferers. Recent studies suggest that increasing temperatures and carbon dioxide levels are already resulting in longer ragweed seasons and more concentrated pollen counts (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/117454.php)." See, I now take it personally that Palin would not do anything about global warming.

So, I've been doubling down. Sinus rinse and gargle in the morning and night have staved off a sinus infection (I now realize that it wasn't a sinus infection but really bad allergies). Two Claritins during the day, 2 Benedryls at night. I even threw in a Zyrtec for good measure. Zicam nasal gel as often as possible. I actually slept really well last night and had minimal snottage.

Doris says that allergy shots are the way to go. Guess I'm off to the allergist as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment