Friday, September 5, 2008

My Best Friend's Wedding

When I was about 1 years old, my father got a job teaching at a university in Jersey. While we looked for housing, we stayed with one of his new co-workers. They had a daughter a few months older than me and she would chase me and tickle me until I couldn't breathe. We celebrated our birthdays together for years and remained good friends through middle school.

These days, we are in touch here and there. She had text messaged me for my address a month ago. Today I got a bridal shower invitation in the mail. She had just broken up with someone last we talked. I told her on the phone this morning, "I leave you alone for like 9 months and you get engaged?!"

Update: P and I caught up this morning. Like, M and I, they had dated before. She is blissfully happy and they are moving quickly with the marriage for his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment