Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Grey is the New Black

In my older, less angst-filled days, I've been moving away from the ubiquitous black of the New Wave listening Asians and towards bright colors and to complement the bright colors with less harsh contrast, grey. I like pairing grey with electric blue, fuchsia, YELLOW! Yellow and grey are my new favorite combo. I saw it on Top Design and my boss' sweater. I have beautiful cashmere snap cardigan from L, grey wool dress from JCrew, grey suit from Zara, patent leather grey ballet flats from Target and the new grey and black spectator pumps from Tahari.

In class, I fell in love with my friend's grey Marc Jacobs Dr. Q Grovee shoulder bag (see, it's convertible!). Due to the nature of the economy and M's decree, "No more bags!" I will have to forgo Marc Jacobs even if it is from his lower price point line Marc by Marc Jacobs (there has got to be a cheaper version).
I did get the grey twill pants to the left (junior's size with junior's prices at Alloy!) and the fabulous feather headband. I saw a woman on the subway with a fabulous feather headband and have been dying to get one. I think I've also been influenced by the bitchy but so cute Kenly on Project Runway. I had previously sworn off headbands as not being age appropriate but my 1 tortoise-shell skinny headband has grown to 4 skinny headbands plus feather head band! The skinny ones don't pinch as badly as headbands I've had in the past and it is so nice to hold back frizzies when hair is in a low ponytail or loose bun. And hell, what do I care if people think I'm younger than I really am. Like Doris' favorite store, "Forever 21!"

No comments:

Post a Comment