Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mom's Chicken Soup

I made it to work today but was a mess. The 'tussin DM hadn't kicked in yet, my head was going to explode from the sinus pressure. I just wanted to put my head down. I had an 11 AM meeting and just rescheduled the rest. I was on my way home at around 12:30.

Part of me just wanted to crawl home, crack open a can of Trader Joe's chicken noodle soup and pass out. But, I knew, only mom's chicken soup would make me better.

I stopped by the local market (I LOVE having a grocery store down the street from my house) and picked up chicken, ginger, shitake mushrooms, a baguette, Jersey peaches and some baby spinach. I got home, rinsed everything but the bread off. Tossed chicken, ginger, mushrooms and rice wine in a pot to simmer for an hour (salt to taste at the end). Sauteed the spinach with some garlic and canola oil. Toasted the bread and spread some Trader Joe's Bruschetta on top. I could eat the peaches as is or maybe put them in the oven with some cinnamon and sugar. Yummers!

No comments:

Post a Comment