Thursday, September 18, 2008

*Mia Dona & O

There's something about O. She is adorable, smart, fun and funny, thoughtful, knowledgeable, someone who's opinion I trust and well, I just like hanging out with her and hearing about her adventures. Such exciting ones! We met up for an early dinner at Mia Dona, a new restaurant from the woman who brought us David Burke & Donatella (which I have yet to try but have heard amazing things about).

The decor is supposed to make you feel like you are attending a dinner party at her home. Sleek, stylish and homey, it has books, plenty of blond wood and a zebra printed carpet. The service was really nice, thoughtful without being overbearing. They split everything for us! We shared 2 apps, a large pasta and dessert. We were concerned about the "shaved vegetables" in the Simple Salad but now, I will hit up my mandolin to make lovely shavings of beets, onions, and celery. Bold flavors but not overpowering. I loved how there were fresh herbs in everything. The crab polpetti (basically, crab cake) was quite big with good chunks of crab. O picked the Gnudi - soft pillows of pasta with mushrooms, crispy prosciutto and truffle butter. Divine. We topped of the lovely meal with a trio of sorbets - the white peach was my favorite. Yes, I am killing myself softly (fine, loudly) with dairy but it was sooooo good.

We then walked to Grand Central and I took her to my favorite bookstore. She ended up not getting anything but I just can't stop myself. I got 3 books (see book list): luxury, sushi and oysters. Can't wait to read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment