Sunday, September 21, 2008

*LITM Brunch

After just missing the bird attack, we arrived safely at LITM in Jersey City. I had planned a brunch for my Jersey pals, some new friends and at Doris' request, I had retired my svets for a T-shirt that says "I [Rainbow] Girls", jeans, studded belt and lace up Pyoo-mas. Meanwhile, my own younger sister shows me up at my own networking event wearing a ruffle blouse, pink cardigan and smart skinny yellow patent leather belt. I wonder when I'll have to start wearing age appropriate clothes.

It was a GORGEOUS warm, sunny day. I love September. And the windows and white interior of LITM made it relaxing, inviting and comfortable. There wasn't the madcap rush that one would experience at our other favorite brunch place, Brownstone Diner. Curse Guy Fieri for putting it on NJ's top diners show.
M suggested LITM and I was really impressed. It's a gallery that shows local art talent, bar, restaurant and it turns out, terrific brunch place. The list of drinks on the ginormous black board above the bar was really impressive. There was a short list of brunch items - super because many people haven't had their coffee yet and a large menu would be way too confusing. Nearly everyone selected the Crab Cake-tini. I loved the beautiful presentation, fresh ingredients and terrific flavors. If you are a drinker, they have endless mimosas and bloody marys for $12. And I just snuck a look at their other special meals and $1 oysters for happy hour?! OMG! I heard it was a great place to hang out at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment