Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wannabe MD

Maybe it's because of my Cancerian motherly instinct or my busybody snake nature. Maybe it's my biology nerdiness or being around so many doctors all the time, but I love to diagnose people. I love people watching and take in everything. Love the bag! Hate the shoes! Oh, your eczema is really bad, see if you are allergic to something. That's some crazy hair! Oh, that's a bad infection. Why is that man's upper arm so twisted? Birth defect? Agent Orange?

Whoa, there's a man with a hole in his head!

I was on the 6 train going uptown to my eyeliner appointment and this guy in the seat was reading with his head down. His head was shaved and at the top there was a hole. There was skin and everything - it was like an inny bellybutton but on his head! I was so mesmerized but didn't have a chance to talk to Doris about it.

Then, in class today, a friend of mine who is in medical school who joined class as a make-up told me it was a bur hole! Wow! I don't remember what she said about why he had one (something about motion or liquid?). She said that normally they patch you up so you don't have a divot but maybe they have to go in again. Crazy.

Maybe someone can tell my why this lady at the office recently started losing her hair. Or how Lidia Bastianich got her's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment