Sunday, August 3, 2008

*Beast

For our anniverary dinner post horseback riding, C recommended Beast (http://www.brooklynbeast.com/). It's a tapas restaurant run by a lesbian. How could we say no?

It has a neat gothic theme. C mentioned to sit in the back and I didn't even ask because it didn't look like there was a "back" until I went to the ladies' room towards the end of dinner. But, yes, tables in the back are quite nice.

M loves tapas. She loves variety and having as many kinds of meat as possible. She had a trout cream with crostinis (it was a suped-up tuna salad, really fresh and flavorful), Blue Point Lager-braised short ribs (really tender), and Citrus-marinated skirt steak. I had seared, dry diver scallops (see photo) and terrific sauteed brussel sprouts. Really yum.

1 comment:

  1. You were RIGHT in my neighborhood, Amy (well -- close)!!! I have been to Beast. I have an especially soft spot for them because they hosted an American Cancer Society event for us free of charge, and they were really awesome to give us free food and space to congregate. HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete