Sunday, August 10, 2008

Manhasset, NY

Even on the weekends I get up before 7 AM. It doesn't matter what time I went to bed, my brain just revs up and off I go. Yesterday, I made breakfast for my mom, ate, did laundry, gathered my sister, we went to get the car washed, dropped my shoes off at the cobbler ($5 a pair to fix - awesome!), brought the car back home, walked to the CVS, post office, checked out the Korean clothing store (what a lot of prints!) and Craft Lounge (not open!?!?!) - all before 10 AM. I caught some of the summer Olympics and I don't know what it is but watching it always makes me teary. It's just so amazing and I'm so proud of these people that have worked so hard for this moment.

I ate another meal of fried veggie dumplings, gathered up the pug (I swear, I have to practically pack a diaper bag of stuff for her) and off we went to the department BBQ at our co-founder's home in
Manhasset, NY. I honestly really like driving but while I was on the phone with M, my blood sugar started dropping really quickly, I was irritable, hungry, and had a pounding headache. I tried to drink some water and was thinking of asking E to get me a snack but I just picked her up and off we went. We hit a spot of traffic on the LIE, what else is new, and she said she had a headache because she went running and didn't eat anything after it. Lordy, it was miserable.

But, we made it safely (it was a pretty quick drive) and what a gorgeous day to have a BBQ. The house was stunning. Not ridiculously huge but perfect. The landscaping was so pretty, the kidney pool with waterfall, the various stone deck areas. Even the grass was so green, soft and perfect. It was so cute to see
everyone's families and the place was totally kid friendly - they even had an inflatable bouncer with slide - so much fun! The kids loved Petunia and she was very well behaved.

I think being out in the sun, talking to everyone and running after Petunia was really exhausting. I couldn't hold a conversation with anyone towards the end and was happy to go. I dropped E off at her party and was so happy to be heading home (I got another headache). Mom had just finished making her signature beef and broccoli. I had 2 bowls of that with rice, tried to watch some TV with D but ended up passing out at around 9 PM.

Got up again before 7 AM and was so happy to have gotten nearly 10 hours of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment