Thursday, August 7, 2008

Let's Go Mets!

I heart my group. Twice a year we have an All Staff meeting where go through what has happened in the last 6 months and what we need to focus on going forward. I always get a warm and mushy feeling at these meetings because man, I work with some really f-ing smart, awesome people. And, we are kicking some major ass.

Not only do I get to work with really great people, we get to play! We've gone to Hard Rock Cafe, did a scavenger hunt through Grand Central Station, spent an evening at Dave and Busters. D organizes a lot of these and she does an amazing job AND puts together a commemorative video/ picture slide show. Hilarious.

This time, we all went to a Mets game. Now, I'm not a sports person. I have fallen asleep at EVERY SINGLE sports game I have ever attended - Yankees, Red Sox, Nets, Liberty. I am an equal opportunity snoozer although I'd like to give soccer, hockey or football a shot. Why Mets? Our Chief Investment Officer loves the Mets and we had to go to the old stadium.

Well, I was really stoked for hot dogs and beer. A friend had her birthday at a minor league ball game and they had sushi! I was told that Shea did not have fancy food but no worries. Further, NY has this law where calories had to be posted! Check it out!
- Hot dog: 480 calories
- Chicken Tenders and Fries: 1017 calories
- Bud Light: 110 calories

I was bummed that they didn't have sauerkraut but the hot dog was really yummy with just ketchup and mustard - Nathan's All Beef Yeah! I didn't eat all the chicken and fries but they were so good. I like my tenders super deep fried and dark brown from sitting under the salamander. They were slightly spicy, too! The Carvel looked so good but I refrained. All in all, great junk food AND the Mets won! We didn't have to go into extra innings (I called it "overtime").

1 comment:

  1. I just went to a Mets game on the 10th -- I noticed those calories posted at the concession stands. Did you notice what the most "healthy" option was, at 380 calories??? A CORN DOG!!! Haha -- I don't know why I found that so funny -- I guess the prospect of a corn dog being "healthy"... hee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete