Friday, August 22, 2008

10/2: Muay Thai Kickboxing

This is one of my favorite events to go to - Mayhem Muay Thai Kickboxing tournament at the Roseland Ballroom. Men fighting men, women fighting women, amateurs, professionals, light weights, heavy weights, rookies, title-defenders, fighters from all over the world.

A few years ago, my friend D was fighting (representing Five Points Fitness). See my blurry photo of her. Fights were held in the gym of a boys Catholic school in the Lower East Side. It was hot but there was beer, Thai food and great fights. There were all kinds of people - we even saw Zach Braff. Since then, the event has gotten bigger and was moved to the Roseland Ballroom last year. It's fun, dark, there are waitresses serving beer and air conditioning. I always feel like I'm going to those major heavy weight fights in Vegas and want to wear lots of diamonds, satiny dresses with big puffy sleaves and big, teased hair.

I'm taking my sweetie to see NKOTB so I'm going to miss this one. But, go, enjoy and may you get hit by an airborne mouthguard.

www.moonstonepromotions.com

No comments:

Post a Comment