Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pyoo-ma

If you get a chance, you need to see the episode of Man vs Wild Patagonia.

M and I watch a lot of Discovery Channel and Man vs Wild is a bit of a joke for us - especially the notice in the beginning about how Grylls and his crew use may rely on professionals and the show is really to demonstrate skills. Yeah, we know you are sleeping in 5 star hotels. Eating bugs and taking your clothes off won't change that.

This episode, I think I was blogging and not paying attention and
M: What's a Pyoo-ma?
A: You mean a puma?

That must be how the brits call pumas but it is HILARIOUS.

"We are in Pyoo-ma territory"
"See the Pyoo-ma tracks in the ground"
"The calf had no chance against the Pyoo-ma"
"I will cry like a baby if a Pyoo-ma came after me"

Update: M looked up "puma" in dictionary.com and pyoo-muh is the first pronounciation followed by poo-muh. And when I googled it, pyoo-muh is typical for brits and aussies. Who knew?

Update (9/5): my Australian co-worker says pyooma.

No comments:

Post a Comment