Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kun Jip, Muji, NYTimes Building

I love W. She's a busy resident so it's always a treat when we can meet up for a meal. Her boyfriend was having dinner with his friends in K-town so I headed over to Kun Jip after work (http://www.kunjip.net/). Fast and good, I cleaned up on the seafood pancake, fried kimchi and tofu, steamed egg, and hae mool soondooboo. I also experienced a mind blowing pairing. Now, it is true that anything fried is awesome with beer but the Korean beer OB with the seafood pancake was delicious!

The lovebirds were sweet enough to walk me to Port Authority so we strolled up to Bryant Park. Past Bryant Park, we went to Muji which is a very cool Japanese store (http://www.muji.net/). The store is simple and modern and chock full of neat things from kitchenware to wall mounted CD players that you switch on like a lamp. I got 2 CD cases (one for me and one for M) to hold our workout DVDs and 2 pens that have lots of different colored inks and even a mechanical pencil! From there, T was like, let's go in the NYTimes building. It never occured to me to just go in - I see it everyday going to and from the Port Authority. It is beautiful, spacious and fun. Some of the walls are red and orange. There's this great birch forest in a courtyard in the middle. Doors open to a path in the courtyard but they were locked. There was also this really cool art installation in the lobby of thousands of screens suspended on cables that would flicker and flutter with stories and phrases from various parts of the New York Times.

Hanging out with W & T is always fun, relaxing, and an adventure for the body and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment