Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain Chooses Palin as Running Mate

My spidey senses were tingling. On Sunday, mom, D and I were driving back and I was telling them that they NEED to vote in November. Mom goes, "I don't like Obama. I really wanted Hillary. I really wanted a woman for president." Then, as news started speculating about McCain's potential running mates and how many of Hillary's supporters would back McCain instead of Obama, I thought, he should pick a woman. And he did. She is the Republicans’ first female candidate for vice president, conservative, pro-life and supports drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve. This is serious.

------------

M sent me a long email this morning about her thoughts of the campaign. Being in DC and and a Republican, it has been really interesting to talk through issues with her and see where she's coming from. A friend said, "In DC people don't date across party lines" but in all the ways we are different we expand each other's boundaries.

1 comment:

  1. and to that i say...
    http://www.inews3.com/play.php?first=Amy&last=Huang

    ReplyDelete