Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Shopping Accident: JCrew

M, "I was thinking of wanting to be at the beach, and then thinking of swimsuits and then I realized that I just wanted to read a JCrew catalog." One of my favorite quotes from Best in Show, "We are *so* lucky. We are *so* lucky to have been raised amongst catalogs."

And then it appeared, the beautiful JCrew catalog and there I was on the sale site. Budget, what? I had written an email to JCrew about how I liked the old sale site better but this one's fine. It will do. I got 2 cute ruffly tanks to layer under jackets and cardigans in acqua and yellow ($12.99 each!), a bright blue Jackie cardigan (love these cardigans) and a cute navy jacket (double-breasted with tie belt). Fun, colorful, great for work AND machine washable. Note: for some reason their pants are either too big or give me wedgies. I get pants at Theory, H&M or Zara.

The other great thing about JCrew is that THEY TAKE THEIR STUFF BACK! I remember at Wellesley, W would just bring any old ratty JCrew thing and return it. Then last season, I ordered a bunch of sale stuff marked no exchange no refund, even hemmed the pants and they gave me a full refund. Love them. Can't wait to hit the outlet at Woodbury Commons in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment