Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A__ University

I had a great meeting this morning with my department mentor (I have lots of other mentors and they all offer lots of great perspectives). We meet about every month to go over my career and I always learn so much from him. As I've mentioned before, I'm itching to go "back to school." August is my New Year's - I make my resolutions now, not at the beginning of the year. I am such a dork. So, I mentioned that I wanted to put together a reading list for myself and we came up with this.

JPMorgan

  • Annual report, quarterly announcements, division quarterly chat/ highlights
  • Biographies

Hedge Funds

  • All About Hedge Funds
  • Guide to Risk Management
  • How to Create and Manage a Hedge Fund
  • Sound Practices for Hedge Fund Managers
  • When Genius Failed (in progress)
  • Publications (Institutional Investor’s Alpha, AsiaHedge, EuroHedge, Hedge Fund Alert
    InvestHedge). D loves making fun of Hedge Alert - Alert, Alert!!

JPMAAM

  • Manual
  • Dig deeper: why do we do this, what do we do to comply, etc.+

Personal Finance

  • Met with Financial Advisor, implement suggestions (budget, reduce expenses, rebalance portfolio, credit review)
  • Simple Wealth, Inevitable Wealth: How You and Your Financial Advisor Can Grow Your Fortune in Stock Mutual Funds
  • When Markets Collide

No comments:

Post a Comment