Wednesday, August 6, 2008

S-Factor: Lap dance

I got a lap dance. And I gave a lap dance.

Normally, class is on Fridays from 8-10 PM. I missed a class so I attended a Tuesday, 6-8 PM session to make it up (I've worked out for 3 days in a row!). I was excited to join this class because I'll be doing Level 2 with this group. I've heard that the teacher was so good and she's a 40 year old Chinese woman from Rockville, MD! My Friday night teacher ("YEEEEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH GIRLS!") said her style was more mellow.

I liked her a lot. She is in unbelievable shape. She is funny, relaxed ("drop your head as if you were on a beach and basking in the sun") but more technical ("point your toes, arch your back"). I was able to do more push ups than usual! The whole vibe of the class was fun, friendly and serious about getting the moves. They all had real shoes (our class fudges it with regular heels). Two of the girls were coaching me. It was very intense but I think makes me better.

They say to sign up for make-ups during pole classes and I was a bit annoyed that it was lap dance night. It was also really awkward. I just met these women and we are actually going to be practicing our lap dance with a body in the chair. Now, intellectually, it makes sense, right? You need a body there so you know where to put your weight, knees, arms, etc. and not crush someone. But, it was surprisingly educational to be in the hot seat. It was really cool to see how these moves affected me and how enjoyable it was. It was a feeling that I would want to give in a lap dance. VERY hot.

And, cherry on top, it was pole class night! We spent the rest of the class really practicing the firefly, ballerina (which I totally got this time) and half-pint (which I was better at last class). We also learned a pole over and did a little routine with a spin and pole over. Fabulous! I'm so sore and happy and can't wait to do it again on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment