Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Killing Trees

M: For such smart girls, you two sure read a lot of garbage.

It is true. D and I LOVE pop culture and celebrity gossip rags. We will frequently text each other:
"Drew and Justin broke up!"
"Estelle Getty died!"
"Christina Applegate has breast cancer!"

I spend at least $10 on magazines each time I visit M and yesterday bought the People double issue on Brangelina's twins. Shiloh is so cute! The twins just look like baby blobs but I'm sure will grow up to be adorable.

In order to save trees and because my dear best friend H got me a gift certificate to www.greendimes.com, I've gotten rid of nearly all paper mail. It's awesome to come home to maybe 1 or 2 things as opposed to having to sort through tons of mail every day. It also reduces the risk of identity theft. Further, I stopped my Wall Street Journal and New Yorker subscriptions. Dad, "So, you don't read anymore."

Not true! I get motion sick if I read on transportation so I listen to WSJ, People, NYTimes Front Page, Economist, Big Gay News and Barron's podcasts. I read news on my blackberry and when I'm in front of a computer. But, my People magazine habit has gotten expensive so today I bought a 1 year subscription. And, so my brain doesn't completely atrophy, I got a subscription to Forbes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment