Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Vindication!

So, I have a bad habit of checking my blackberry when I get up at 6 AM. As my friend E says, "There is nothing good that is going to come from that. You are not going to get an email saying, 'You've won $5 MM! You might as well enjoy the morning and check your email when you get into work.'"

He is right. Sometimes, I'm able to get a little bit of work done, a quick confirmation or a question that can be answered before I get to work. The WORST thing has been dealing with this guy from Asia and all of his emails set me off and I am frothing and irate the whole morning. He is denser than the wok cake that they sell at Silver Pond. Last time we had a chat, I had to repeat myself, repeat what he said and explain why what he said didn't follow what I said. He's like, "When you talk to me, you furrow your brows and look confused." Yes, that is because you don't get it. You really just don't get it. And it is not a language barrier. I really do need to work on my poker face.

So we had this meeting a while back with our attorney (whom he treats like a dog and orders around which is so horrible because R is so sweet, cute, hard-working and speaks with this adorable Irish accent). We agreed at this meeting that we would have 2 different agreements because essentially, we were making 2 different arrangements that needed different terms and representations.

And what do I wake up to this morning? C emailing R asking him to adjust agreement 1 to include terms from agreement 2. He totally forgot (or didn't understand in the first place) the meeting and what we agreed upon. I simmered all morning and looked crazy because I was muttering under my breath the whole time. When I got to the office, I read all the emails and all the email trails to make sure I wasn't jumping to conclusions. I wasn't. I wrote C back and reiterated what we agreed upon at the meeting - 2 agreements!!!! Then, R wrote an email and totally backed me up. Yay!

Update: he wrote back and it was stupid and I really can't deal. I'm just going to let R handle it.
Update 2: I looked back at our notes and he was at the meeting where we said he had the 2 agreements and he should be working on them. Boo-yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment